Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nice Box


Yesterday I awoke promptly at 8:00 a.m. to discover that some sort of bug had entered my system and wanted nothing to do with food or liquids. This battle went on all day. A day riddled with feverish dreams, chicken broth, 3 cans of gingerale, less chicken broth, even less gingerale, then Cadbury mini eggs (the only thing my body didn't reject) and then more weird nightmares.

Today I woke up feeling marginally better, able to consume 8 ounces of liquid and retain an even 8 ounces of liquid. I also feel comfortable sitting up, though I have some dream hangovers to deal with (one involving a very frustrating flight to Somewhereville). I was going to do laundry, but I don't want to push myself too much. Instead, I have spent a good part of the afternoon watching a self help video (homework) and covering a cardboard box in plywood patterned contact paper. This amazing creation now houses all those pesky cords under my computer. THIS very station where I write weblogs and search for boys and write inspirational prose to my mother and some friends. I have decorated the epi center of thoughts in my apartment.

Don't tell me I don't do nothin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.