Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Funtimes

I woke up and new it was gonna be a scorcher.  I also had it in my mind to see a midday film at the Film Forum as a) I hadn't been in a long time and b) it was gonna be hot.  I think b) was a bit more of an excuse, a means of justifying midday movie watching.  There is little more satisfying than sitting in a cool dark room with a bunch of strangers watching a film, if it is black and white, all the better.  If it stars Humphrey Bogart, I consider it a slice of heaven.

The train was slow, so I wound up having to dash to the counter just a minute before the movie time.  It was at that moment that I realized what my first spoken sentence of the day was going to be.  When I got to the ticket window I gulped, tried to put on a brave face, and said in a clear, hopefully toneless voice "One for "In a Lonely Place", please."  


No comments: